Saturday, January 31, 2015

Read and Write

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing."
-Benjamin Franklin
I love to read and write. Non fiction mostly - Auto biographies of interesting people, great books on better insights for self improvement, educating self on the subject of business that I was never formally educated in, and for leisure, I especially love poring through beautiful photographs of style and fashion all over the world. Somehow through these photos, I feel like I am instantly teleported to the subject of the beautiful photographs. And my favorite part of it is that I get a glimpse of what's really happening where these photos are taken -  is it winter or spring? are people mostly happy or sad? what are the trends that people all over the world are embracing, and possibly why? Its like looking into a well of water that reflects the parallel universe of the different human beings miles away from you. Its a same world, but very different lives.

So today I thought I'd share a few of my favorite sites and spread my love of these fabulous authors and the good work they do.

1. The Sartorialist.
I've been following this street style site for many years. And I love how the author captures his subjects in such a beautiful but real way. His captions are often succinctly poetic, letting the photographs speak for themselves rather than over describing it with superfluous speech.



This site depicts a Swedish girl's life, especially of her chic street style set against the beautiful city landscapes of Sweden. Sweden is a place that holds fond memories of my very short stay there, and I always wondered what it would be like to live, work and play in that beautiful country albeit its freezing winter. And I really do like Swedish style for their simplicity and clean vibe.

http://kenzas.se

3. The Chriselle Factor
A site that documents current trends through beautiful, almost poetic photographs, as well as the author's personal style that extends even through her pregnancy. The personal touch of her soCal, american lifestyle lends familiarity with her proximity to Tucson.





And lastly, looking at beautiful, livable real home designs are therapeutic. Domaine brings one through the private spaces of home owners whose tastes are so diverse yet so beautiful. A great resource for interior design and all things lovely.
http://www.domainehome.com


What will you be reading and writing this weekend?

xoxo,
crystael




No comments:

Post a Comment